Emergency & Crisis Management Plan (ECMP)
Darwin Port (DP) is committed to zero harm in its workplaces and will take every reasonable precaution to avoid incidents by operating in a safe and responsible manner. DP’s Crisis and Emergency Management (CEM) procedures, undertakes to establish and maintain appropriate emergency and crisis event preparedness for all DP site/facility operations, commercial operations and corporate activities.
This ECMP provides a standard methodology for DP’s Emergency Management Team (EMT) and Crisis Management Team (CMT) to operate, while coordinating DP’s strategic response to major emergencies and crisis events, including the potential escalation thereof.
Download the Emergency and Crisis Management Plan:
- Parts 1 to 3 - Introduction, Structure, Activation
- Part 4 - EMT/ CMT Roles and Responsibilities
- Parts 5 to 6 - Response Protocols / Event Recovery
- Appendix A - EMT Role & Responsibilities Checklists
- Appendix B - CMT Roles & Responsibilities Checklist
- Appendix C - Communication Protocols / Checklists
- Appendix D - Response Aids / Misc Proformas
- Appendix E - Stakeholder Communication Guide
- Appendix F - EMT/CMT Control Centre Wall Charts
- Appendix G - EMT/CMT Emergency Contact Directory
Darwin Port Cyclone Procedure
The Darwin Port Cyclone Procedure sets out Darwin Port Operations Pty Ltd (DP) authorities and responsibilities for the management of the harbour infrastructure, vessels in the harbour, its tenants and staff during a cyclone event.
The objectives of the Cyclone Procedure are to:
- Minimise risk to life and property
- Minimise the risk of damage to the Port of Darwin infrastructure
- Optimise the use of Darwin Harbour cyclone refuge areas
- Contribute effectively to the Northern Territory response to a cyclone event